Got to meet Chuck Foster today---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Today I took my 1931 Ford roadster pickup and my newest steam engine, the double acting wobbler, and went to the Cookstown Steam Festival, at Cookstown Ontario. I had previously arranged to meet Chuck Foster there, and I met both Chuck and his father. They were running their hit and miss engines and demonstrating their rope making machine. Chuck is a very nice young fellow, and took me over to the exibit hall where a fellow was running a number of different model steam and gasoline engines. This fellow would have displayed my engine along with his, but for some reason there was a balls up and he didn't have his large compressor with him, so didn't have any "air to spare". I joined the "Georgian bay Steam, Auto, Gas, and Antiques Association" and have become a member for the next year. It was a great day, and I enjoyed meeting both Chuck and his father.---Brian

well i had a great time at the show but the highlight was meeting Brian, it is always fun to meet people that you have only known through contact on the internet ;D
here's apic of Brian with his engine
IMG_2157.jpg

one dumb thing i did was i didn't.t get a pic of his beautiful bright (and i mean bright) yellow roadster :(

all in all it was a great day and i hope to see brain again next year.

chuck

Latest posts

Back