G'Day from the N.T, Aust.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wm460

Reaction score
G'Day every one,

I am Mark from Tennant Creek, Northern Territory of Australia.

A few years ago I bought a wood lathe and started wood turning, then evolved to pen turning. I found that wood lathe did not give me the accuracy that I wanted so after a lot of frustrations. And the inability to make the small part the I needed made me take the plunge.

In the early hours of 24th Dec I saw an advert on the Internet for a Steelmaster 9 X 20 lathe, I have been looking at these for a long time.
I forgot about it until just before lunch time, Gave them a ring and some kind gentleman was waiting to take my money. ;D
So now patiently waiting for it to arrive.
My Christmas present from Me to me.

Cheers,
Mark.

Gday Mark, Tennant Creek ay? Mate thats is sooooo isolated that I fear you may have to smelt your own iron to cut on the lathe...... ;D

Welcome mate, enjoy the ride....

Rob (Artie)

Mark,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Just a little south of you. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

:bow: G'Day Mark,

Haven't you got it yet?

It must becoming by camel train, I am absolutely thrilled with mine and can honestly say it's worth the wait.

I went about today gathering material for the "EZ Engine" for a first time build, plans that I got off this forum.

So I should also say WELCOME ;D to the forum.

A little more South than most.

Regards

KenM

Howdy Mark!

Welcome to the group. I know you! Does the name Sawdust mean anything to you? You are going to be amazed at the information and willingness to help a guy out, that exists on this forum. Type atcha later.

Ed

Mark;
Welcome to the gang - from the other side of the world! If you start digging straight down you'll come out at my place - mind the snow though.
Show us a pic of the 9x20 when it arrives - that may be my next purchase (used of course).
Cheers
Garry

Thanks for your greetings everyone.

Rob, Plenty of iron and steel here, it is hard to get copper and brass with getting ripped off.

Bob, I get down your way often, I come from just south of you.

Ken, it turned up last night, then the wife said we are going out to tea. :mad:

Ed, Yup I know you but the photo threw me you look differant here. :D

Gerry, how about we meet half way. :D

Latest posts

Back