G'day from the land of oz

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spannachukka

Reaction score
G'day folks'just found this site last week I,ve recently retired and although having used wood lathes, I have the urge to build a marine steam engine, I built a little single cylinder 'wobbler'from hard wood and some brass scraps,ran it on compressed air,so now I,m looking very hard at mini lathes and reading everything I can on lathe operating and pick up tips from the forum postings.
Cheers Col.

Hi,welcome to the forum.Lots of good stuff and great people here!
Crab

Welcome aboard, you will find lots of help in here for any questions you might have.

welcome

your'e right much to learn from this group.

where are you located.

have fun

Bernard

Col,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Col - wot part are you situated in - it's a big place!

G'day folks, thanks for the welcome, I,m located in sydney I just read the thread on dis abilities, wot with me bein'old and not so mobile, the postings sure made me feel better as I,m learning to become a right hander after a recent stroke, I find it's good therapy to be gettin'stuck in and aquirering new skills and forcing my left arm to operate machinery is aiding my recovery---still looking at mini lathes or a lathe/mill combo, I'd like a lathe and a mill but that stretches the finances (and domestic relationships) I only need something to make steam engines up to 1/2in. bore and something light enough to move around me shed if needs be! ;D
Cheers Col.

wEc1 Col from another old bloke.having fun in retirement.

regards,Ian(seagar)
Coffs Harbour.

P.S. If your ever up this way , give me a call,we have a small group here.

Hi Col.
Enjoy you retirement have fun, Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Col. Good luck in your search for machinery. Its a never ending process wEc1

Welcome! Being retired means you don't have enough time to do all the things you want/need to.

Enjoy the site!

Nelson

Latest posts

Back