Flame liker bild by castings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manfred albert

Reaction score
Hi engineers,

sorry my English is an dungel type, I hope to evaluate it son. My home shop is located in Germany and I create my engines from my one ideas and my one castings.

::) the idea: a large flame liker, piston 60mm; stroke 90mm; water cooled

manfred_2-2.jpg

Hi,
the storey goes on. I just have learned to insert a picture. The spell check is great, in this short text I have had about 6 mistakes.
The next thing I have to due, is to build the modells to get the casting done. The picture will show you some modells.

Manfred

DSC00069.JPG

DSC00074.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

manfred_2-2.jpg

Manfred,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome. Doing models and castings is still way beyond me. I appreciate how nice the work is. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hello,
thanks for Your attention but now a old men must go to bed, it is here 11:30 p.m. Tomorrow the storey will go on.
Regards
Manfred

Welcome Manfred I just know I'm going to really enjoy your posts.

Ron

Hello friends,

it's relay a pleasure to communicate with You.
Diymania You are right, all the castings are planed to use for different engines. Tow typs of Flame liker, upright steam engine and stirling are possible with this castings. My drawings are done with SolidWorks and it is easy to move the assamblys and create a new engine.
Here a little trick to make a radius into a corner by using a ballhandel. To make castingsmodells I´m using the normal wood maschineri.
Regards
Manfred

DSC00111.JPG

DSC00069.JPG

Hello,

now the pictures of the finishd castings. I have a problem and need Your help: the Spell Check dont work, what I have done wrong?

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00087.JPG

Spell check works for me. It opens a new window. Maybe a Java Script / browser setting issue? This is not a big problem. Even with some minor spelling errors you are very understandable so don't let it slow you down.

Very nice casting work. :bow: Wish you were a little bit closer. I would love to see how its done.

Very nice work Manfred, it's almost worth a trip across the channel to see that!

Nick :bow:

Hi NickG,

visit the exhibition 8.-10. Jan. 2010 in D-Karlsruhe ( in 2009 the exhibit on was in Sinsheim) I will be in Karlsruhe with this Flame liker and I make a work shop in sand casting.

The major part of this maschine is done. Now I have to assemble all this stuff and get it running.

Regards
Manfred

Übersicht Gußteile.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

Geländerstütze2.JPG

That really looks great Manfred.

I am making a flame licker myself based on Jan Ridders design. My only hope is that it runs!

Nick

Hallo Dymania,

I'm not that fast. This project I have started in June 2009. But now I have to hurry up, because the exhibit date is not so fare away.

Regards
Manfred

Hallo engineers,

here are some pictures of my "yesterday work". All them build with my on castings. I due like it to make castings-modell.

DSC00149.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

DSC00152.JPG

Beautiful work Manfred. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Beautiful work Manfred ;)
will See you at
the exhibition 8.-10. Jan. 2010 in D-Karlsruhe :big: :big:

Impressive work indeed Manfred! :bow:

Rick

Very Very Very nice Manfred :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

what sort of foundry setup do you have ?

Regards Rob Thm:

Hi Rob,

I have a good friend and he has a foundry :bow: So I don't have to due this job by myself. That is a very nice situation and I am lucky.

Regards Manfred

My apologies by my knowledge of English. Very nice work Manfred. I like to make casting, yours are very impressives. Could you tell us something about the foundry of your friend? I have a homemade foundry, but I am a newbie in it.

Regards ToniTD1490 -Spain

Latest posts

Back