First run-Epicyclic Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sshire

Reaction score
Although this is in finished projects, I still have to polish and make a proper base.
I hope to post part one of the build log this week.
In any case, it is a runner!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj2ytUf2lVg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Thanks Brian. To be absolutely correct, it's actually a hypocycloidal drive (just ask Marv.) I chose to use the name that Bill Reichart used when he designed this version.

Best,
Stan

Nice Stan! This is one I also want to try some day. I am somewhat intimidated by the ring gear. I'd love to see the build log :)

Thanks all for the comments.
Don't be put off by the ring gear. It's made by Boston Gear. I'm not nearly at a level where I can cut an internal gear.
Everything else is regular old bar stock.

Stan what did you pay for the gear? I have the geared engine most of the way complete but stopped when I found out how much the gear cost :eek:.

Dave

Stan

Congratulations on a really nice build of a very interesting engine .... it's always a dilemma deciding when to post a new build, but I for one prefer to see the running engine - the polish and fancy base can follow. I look forward to seeing your build log.

I'm hoping to make a start on Elmer's geared engine, when the gears arrive.

Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

Dave
The ring gear was around $80. Almost stopped me also but I was so far into the build that it's just a couple of bottles of scotch that I won't drink:rolleyes:

Zee seems to be around. Lunch?

Stan

Latest posts

Back