First Engine No Plans.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more

P6110035.JPG

P6110034.JPG

P6110033.JPG

Finished product that I won't be using. I messed up the threads and it won't tighten down flat. But it was fun practice.

(edit) I scrapped this design all together

P6120039.JPG

P6120038.JPG

P6120037.JPG

The aluminum block was just to represent the engine block it will not be part of the engine.

P6120040.JPG

P6120041.JPG

P6120042.JPG

That's about the shortest timing belt I've ever seen! It's not clear to me where the cam follower guides fit into the crankcase? Nor can I figure out how the push rods will connect to the valves? It looks like you have the head on the engine rotated 90 degrees from where it should be?

Chuck

Yes the head is on wrong in that pic didn't notice till now. I haven't milled the area in the crankcase for the followers yet.

Your crystal clear photos of the rocker arms and cam lifter assembly will help me in doing a 1st. OHV engine. :)

maverick said:
This a great looking build. Can't wait to see it run.

Thanks Mike, It feels like I have been waiting for ever. I started over three years ago. I have this problem, I start one project and then set it to side for another. More offten the first project never gets done but this one WILL..

Latest posts

Back