First build probably wobbly

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrobrewer

Pyrobrewer
Reaction score
I have been making a few chips since I got my new SC4 in March and it appears that the pieces that I have played with till one point, had begun to look like they could be a wobbler. It was not planned that way (or in fact planned at all) but I will have a go at making it work. I have hit a snag that I have posted in the Q&A section for the stand (Rough finish).

This is my first experience with a lathe since high school so I am on a steep learning curve. Fingers crossed

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

Looks nice. Do you want too share the drawning??

Barry

Looks nice. Do you want too share the drawning??

Barry

Hmmm i'd have to find a crayon and paper...
I am using a 30 day trial of Auto cad but I think I wont be fluent before they want $5000plus to keep using it!
But seriously no plan other than in my head not even a ruler used yet. This is very much a teaching tool for using the lathe. There might be an "as built" drawing (or perhaps a photo/video if it works)

I am thinking of a sort of ported cylinder head to allow a greater oscillation range(Stroke ?) for the cylinder. An arc shaped affair with which I hope to be able to tune timing If i can make it light enough. Although it may end up in mark II, I might draw that part

Latest posts

Back