Finally... Little Brother up and running

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generatorgus

Reaction score
It was a steep learning curve, a bunch of oopsies, a bunch of new tools, a bunch of time and a bunch of hours pouring thru this website. But most of all a bunch of fun and a sense of accomplishment.

You guys, whether you know it or not, helped me over the rough spots.

Thanks Dave and thank you all.

GUS

that is one awesome little engine, you should be very proud of it..............i have but one question......can i send you my engine so you can work your magic on it cause it never runs as good as that !!!

chuck

Nice looking engine, nice runner too.

Craig

Looks great!
Very smooth runner, congratulations on your success.

Peter

That is a great runner!!! ;D
Congratulations on a successful Hit and Miss!!!

Did you do a build log with th_wwp?

Andrew

Great job on the Little Brother. Mine was the first hit and miss engine I ever built and I still enjoy running it. I see you eliminated the original point block and arm and went with, I assume, a Hall effect trigger on the outboard side of the crank.
gbritnell

Nice little engine Gus. :bow: Runs really good.

Regards,
Rudy

Hi guys,
Thanks for the nice comments. It feels good to get it running right.

Andrew, I took many pictures during the build and I was thinking about posting it. Trouble is, when I get into the work I forget I have a camera sitting there and miss a lot that I should have taken pictures of. But I would like to share some of it, especially some of the blunders.

GT, yes I went to the Hall sensor and I'm still using my $30 ignition. I used your valve seat cutter and spark plug plans. The seat cutter was one of the items that helped pull this engine out of the ditch. In fact I just used the same cutter to try and get my little Henry Ford engine removed from "Self Pet" status. That engine was my first attempt at IC engines, it ran a few times, but not good by any standards. Thanks

GUS

Generatorgus, great running engine I picked up one at a yard sale missing a few parts but not many, would love to see some build pics if you don't want to post them you can PM me, I think that would and will be a challange for me, need all the help I could get on it, thanks, Lathe Nut.

Back