• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ER 25 collet 1/4" wanted. UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidh

Reaction score
I'm in Uk and need an 1/4" ER25 collet. Do you have one spare or know where I may get one or would be happy to send me one from America.

I know that a 6-7mm does, that is what I'm using but it is a pain on 1/4" shank tooling which I use a lot.

Thanks David

Where in the UK? There is a place called MA tooling down Attercliffe in Sheffield that used to have a huge number of collets. They have no idea what they have or what it is worth sometimes free sometimes more than new. It might be worth a phone call but the only really effective way to deal with them is to go to the shop and be prepared to spend hours digging through bits until you find what you want.

Regards
Richard.

Sounds like a good place but I'm afraid I am too far from Sheffield.

Next time you are in have a rummage about for me :)

Thanks..David

Davidh said:
I'm in Uk and need an 1/4" ER25 collet. Do you have one spare or know where I may get one or would be happy to send me one from America.

I know that a 6-7mm does, that is what I'm using but it is a pain on 1/4" shank tooling which I use a lot.

Thanks David
"CTC Tools Home Page" they are located in Hong Kong. a good place for collets. You will have the items in about a week.
CS

David,

I think you will have great trouble getting imperial collets in the UK.

The only place I have seen them is on US websites.

I used to have great trouble stopping the cutters falling out while tightening up the collets, which is what your problem is I think.

I got around it by buying a ball raced collet nut. These allow you to tighten the collet up by hand enough to grip the cutter, then finish off with the C spanner, it saves having to grow another arm.
They are a bit tight to get the collets located initially, but after a few insertions, the sharp edges get knocked off and it then becomes just like a normal one. The other advantage is that they grip the cutter much more tightly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ER25-collet-c...ash=item335605e60e&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

He only has them every now and again, so get one if you think it will do the job for you, it did for me, and it is the best bit of extra collet equipment I have bought. I have now got to buy another for when I make a holder for my RT.

Blogs

That is me sorted out, thanks all for the assistance. CTC tools did the business, 2 weeks to deliver, cheap and got a nice er25 spindle too ;)

Latest posts

Back