End Mill Sharpener

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for pointing out Bogs' thread. Mine is quite different than his. The link I posted works OK for me and it would be easier to explain if you could see the picture.

I bought this many years, off a table in the warehouse when Enco was closing their store in Phoenix, Arizona. I bought quite a few items and this wasn't needed at the time and it just sort of got lost through three shop moves and just showed up, still covered with cosomoline along with a full set of colletts (3/8" to 3/4").

Like bogs' unit the base plate is ground from corner to diagonal corner at a calculated 1° 12". There is no facility for grinding the relief that I can see. unless you lower the wheel and hollow grind it on the curvature of the wheel. I have tried it on a couple of 3/4" 2 flute end mills and if I set it square on the table to presumably slope the edge to the center the cutting edge looks essentially flat in both directions. I f I set it on the table diagonally, I get a good looking cutting edge but no slope to the center.

I have asked Enco's tech service for help so I will wait for them.

Yea John has the same one I have. I showed him mine on Skype and he got his shortly afterward. I looked at the one you have and I can't figure how one would grind a relief with it either. Maybe John has an idea.

Latest posts

Back