el cheapo ideas i have adapted

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldte

Reaction score
I thought you might like to see some of the items i have adapted and made whilst money is in short supply,these include a Collet chuck for the lathe ,made after buying a set of collets at an auction and not knowing what else to do with them they do allow me to use the full bore of the lathe and any length of material i wish ,end is not threaded as i am new to this game and chickened out for the moment but still works to .002 repeatable.Also shown is a low profile (2 1/2 inch) 8 inch rotary table shown with aa four jaw which is also low profile( bought from a jumble sale £ 4.50 p) ,to centre the chuck and another 3 jaw, i made a spindle that indexers the rotary ,4-jaw and 3 jaw or any combination of them.the next item is a homemade rotary indexer made from a 10:1 reduction gearbox found in a skip, i have made one plate with 50+ 60 holes , 2 1/2 height turn over and 3 1/2 or it can be laid flat and seems to work well.
It will be apparent that the quality of manufacture is not as good as it should be but it works and i have learned a lot in the process hope you get some ideas.
regards
coldte

PB293651.JPG

PB293652.JPG

PB293653.JPG

PB293654.JPG

Not sure how I missed this post earlier today. Anyway, interesting projects. I always like it when you can recycle parts or find second uses for stuff. You will have to post as you build some of your stuff so we can see how its done.

Latest posts

Back