Ducati Elenore

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrist Pin

Reaction score
All you motorcycle buffs probably already know about this engine.
It is a V8 with only two connecting rods for 8 cylinders. Looks like it would be fairly easy to model. Check it out.

There are really 10 conrods in the V8. 2 to the crankshaft as normal then one on each piston to the rockers.l

Now if you were talking about a model of the bevel-drive single Ducati, like the Mach 1, I'd be very interested.

Well Mosey
I'm not familiar with motorcycle engines. One of the guys in the shop knows I make miniature engines and told me about the Elenore. But I think we just found your next engine project in the Mach 1 :big: You could do a build thread and we could follow along!

Even though I have the workshop manual and complete parts illustrations, there are no drawings available to my knowledge. This would be a very challenging build...something for a Steve Huck level master. Maybe someone has some drawings we could look at to see if it is possible.
( I have rebuilt the full-scale engine)

Now you have my curiosity up.
Anyone know the Mach 1 engine?

Here's a sample of mine, but doesn't show engine very well. One of the interesting features of this engine is it's vertical tower shaft up to a bevel drive overhead cam.
Mosey

Ducati Sgl 5-3.jpg

Ducati Sgl 5-1.jpg

Hi

I aspire to one day make a scale Ducati single engine something similar to the below. Either a 175 desmo, a 250 non-desmo or my favourite, a 450 desmo. The bevel gear machining is, for the moment, outside my level of expertise but one day :)

175-engine-assy.jpg

250-single_cutaway.jpg

450-Desmo.jpg

desmo-valves.gif

If it is only the bevel gear machining that is outside your level of expertise Simon, you are doing well. I was rather chuffed when my full sized Bonny ran after I rebuilt it (with a few bits machined).

What are you riding at present?

Jim

Latest posts

Back