Double Scotty

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Well with NEMOC getting his scotty complete and made mention of A 2 cylinder that made me want to complete my drawings of the version I plan on making. I made the frame and 2 cylinders today and hope to complete most of the other parts on Sunday. Here are a few photos and cad drawing of the parts.

Dave

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

Double Scotty1.jpg

Looking forward to following this one. Looking good so far.

Dave I built that engine about 10 years ago. This engine is smaller and uses a different valve. I will post a picture of it tonight. It is a great runner

Dave

I got some work done this weekend but a busy week has not let me post the pictures so tonight it is. I cheated a little and pulled the crank pieces from the Scoty engine to make sure my numbers were right and that the pistons moved freely. I did make the crank but have not put the pin in it to try. in the pictures of the crank you will see an undercut to allow the air to be open to the inner passage in a 360 rotation to give air to both cylinders.I had to drill from both sides to connect the undercut inlet passage to the flat that controls the air to the cylinders. You can see the 1/16 hole in the undercut and the hole in the flat. I will put a drawing up the show what I did better than my discription. I hope you like and feel free to comment.

Dave

P.S. I was able to add how a picture of how I did the valve.

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02605.jpg

DSC02607.jpg

DSC02608.jpg

DSC02609.jpg

Double Scotch Valve Picture.jpg

Looks great Dave. I'm watching because I never sleep.
Stan

Nice work, Dave. I really like your design. Be sure to bring it to Cabin Fever!
Cheepo45

Latest posts

Back