Double Double (Quad) Scotch Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingtractors1

Reaction score
While I'm at it, here's another of my favorite Solenoid Engines. :) Ralph

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jmm7G1vBzk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Thanks. I just made it up as I went along with no plans, but I'll try to sketch some up to share. Ralph

On the left side (assuming the pot is on the front), there are what appear to be two switches. What do those do?

What kind of power supply does it use? I'm assuming a battery, but what voltage/amperage?

Very nice piece of work. The base is a lovely project all in itself.

Thank you for the complement, Rleete. In the base are four nine-volt batteries hooked up in sets of two in series delivering 18 volts. One pair drives the front left and the right rear (ganged) cylinders, and the other pair drive the left rear and right front cylinders (ganged). The switches on the left side each control a pair of the ganged cylinders enabling the engine to run on either set or both sets of catty-corner cylinders, all of which are wired in primary to the main switch through the rheostat and which are interrupted by their assigned breaker switch at the cams. In front of each cylinder is an LED which glows when its cylinder is "firing" (hard to see in bright light). I think that's how it is wired.? :-\ I should have kept the scribbled working schematic that I used when I wired it up. If it ever stops working, I'm now not sure that I could trouble shoot it ??? , and I'm not sure that I explained well, but it's something like that.

Latest posts

Back