Does anyone make a FM dishpan kit?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layne

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can find a casting kit for a Fairbanks Morse 1-1/2 or 2 HP model Z with the dishpan flywheels? I haven't seen one yet. I used to have one of the real engines and it would be fun to make a model of it.

Layne
I have a Z spoke flywheel and a dishpan, they are essentially the same engine. Canadian model engineering has a casting set with spoke flywheels, you could build easily build the dishpan flywheels. If you consider this I could get measurements and pictures of the real ones for you
Peter

http://www.cmodele.com/

It's true that some spoke engines are the same, but that one is not. It has a 2 piece water hopper (it's 2 pieces on the real engine, it only looks like 2 on the model), and a throttling governor. Somewhere I've seen a model of a hit & miss version, but I don't know who makes that kit. I don't think a fully machined flywheel would look exactly right either. I'd probably just stick with the spokes rather than make one that isn't correct anyway. Thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Back