Doak engine?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard-Vanderpol

Reaction score
hello,

does anyone have built the Doak engine before? interested in it. it looks beautiful and complicated. but it's rare. so I can't find much information on it.

Richard

hello,

does anyone have built the Doak engine before? interested in it. it looks beautiful and complicated. but it's rare. so I can't find much information on it.

Richard

Whoa! Generally, I am not interested in IC engines but that one is REALLY cool and I might be interested in about 100 years, after I finish some of my other projects. As for myself in the present, I am looking for more info on the Improved Greene Steam Engine. It's difficult to find much.

Looks like 90% of it could just be built like any other side shaft hit and miss engine using fabrication methods and cutting from solid, add the ignitor setup from something like the Cranfield and then it's just a case of getting the external features to look like the Doak

Greene Steam Engine? do you mean this? Green Steam Engine Home Page

Whoa! Generally, I am not interested in IC engines but that one is REALLY cool and I might be interested in about 100 years, after I finish some of my other projects. As for myself in the present, I am looking for more info on the Improved Greene Steam Engine. It's difficult to find much.

Looks like 90% of it could just be built like any other side shaft hit and miss engine using fabrication methods and cutting from solid, add the ignitor setup from something like the Cranfield and then it's just a case of getting the external features to look like the Doak
yea. i can't find more info about this engine. sad.

Latest posts

Back