Dang it!! Wasted my time!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black85vette

Reaction score
I took machine shop classes to learn to operate basic equipment and then spent a lot of time here and with a machinist friend of mine learning the tips and tricks of experienced machinists. Then went out and bought my own equipment to further learn and practice the craft only to find out I could have stayed at home and learned it all by video;

http://www.machineshopcourse.com/

Why don't some of you guys make some engine making videos so I can learn how without actually having to do it??? That would save me a lot of frustration and expense.

I find it fascinating that they thought it was necessary to read aloud the information printed on their introductory page. Is that a token of what they think of their potential customers?

Osmosis works better then a silly video! ;D

It's probably a bit like the old Charles Atlas body building course.

"I have completed your course, now can you please send me the muscles"

You can only learn the basics, experience comes with time or do they do 5 year long DVD's?

Bogs

Any training is good training.

It can be either in person with a living instructor or watching a video.

In the end you will not learn to do it until YOU do it.

You will inevitably find flaws in what you were taught. That's not to say the
teacher or video was wrong. It just doesn't work the best for you and you'll find
a better way for the application at hand.

Instructor or video, learn and understand the basics.
Then, understand the basics are nothing more than a guideline since every machining
process has it's own twists, quirks and variations.

Rick

Why don't some of you guys make some engine making videos so I can learn how without actually having to do it??? That would save me a lot of frustration and expense.
Where's the fun in that?We wouldn't be able to laugh at you for making mistakes :big: :big: :big:.
Thought for the day:Experience is the best teacher,and she'll frequently remind you how hard it is.

I'm sure I've seen that guy selling tomato slicers on late night TV.

Back