compressed air engine powering a air compressor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axial jet engines work sort of like this..

The big fan at the front sucks in air which then tries to squeeze out the back. But on it's way out it has to pass through a fan blade on the same shaft as the front fan, turning it and thus making the front fan suck in more air..

..they just need to throw some fuel (or fast-pedalling bicylist) in every now and then to keep things going.

I'm loving this thread!

Ideas have been tried and re-tried only to be pronounced impossible.
Every now and then someone comes along to break the rules.
One in particular come to mind.
This young man's mind was captivated by anything mechanical.
He was was born July 30, 1863, in Springwells Township, Michigan.
At the age of 12 he had built himself a small home machine shop.
At age 15 he made his first running steam engine.
Shortly after that he took a job with the Edison Light Company as
a Machinist Apprentice. At the age of 20 he built his first internal
combustion engine. It was small, powerful and possibly mobile.
His name is Henry Ford. Perhaps you've heard of him...

Rick

One thought about perpetual motion is that even if it was achieved, its not going to solve any of the world's energy problems.

With perpetual motion you get something that spins forever, but it can only ever be just a very clever high tech ornament.

The second you load up the PM device to do some physical work in the real world, ie use it to drive your lathe, it is going to start slowing and eventually stop.

So I guess while there is a lot of technology to learn and conquer, which of itself is useful, during the quest for PM, once you have your PM device (if you get there) have you produced anything of practical value?

hmm lots of interesting thoughts and im young so who knows what will be standard by the time im an old man considering how far technology has came in the last hundred years.

Guys,
What I want to know is were those gear teeth cut with a PROPER involute milling cutter. If not that was probably why it failed :big: :big: :big:

Latest posts

Back