Coles Hit & Miss REDUX

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely engine Tony Thm:

And darn, builds like yours are starting to make me itch to build an IC engine!

Regards, Arnold

very nice looking engine tony :bow:

if you want to slow the engine down you will have to use weaker springs on the governor weights.

hope this helps.

chuck

Well this is it for this engine......I'm done. Picked up the placard this afternoon and just got it mounted. I have to take the girlfriend out to dinner. She got wind of the next engine. "How many engines do you need" She said.
I stopped short of "how many shoes do you need". Rof} :hDe:

Never ever clean up the shop, as long as it's dirty and full of tools laying around.... your still working on something. Maybe I'll get down the shop latter *club*

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

A & R Engine Co.
Serial No. 001
Mfg Date Aug 09
Made in the USA

Tony

Tony,

Absolutely beautiful engine :bow:

Thanks for sharing the pictures and video...

Jeff

Thanks Slick,
What is that in your Avatar? I know A/C pretty good (pro pilot 10 years cfi cfii....ATP) but can't make out what type plane that is
Tony

Oh and I like the quote

Oh Bravo!!! Well done Tony, a beautiful finishing touch for a great looking engine.

BC1
Jim

Hey Guys
How do I fix the aspec ratio on my Avatar? Last one was a vertical. This one is a little distorted
Tony

PS Fixed

Thanks Jim,
It's all in the details. I saw Upshores engines a few other peoples with the placard and said "nice touch" $5.00 well spent
Tony

Tony,
The plane in my avatar is a US Army RC-12X (the latest recon plane). I've been flying in the army for 26 years and counting...too much fun.
Thanks for asking...
Jeff

Slick,
AH-1G Cobra's was my ship in 1971. Know what you mean. Lots "O" fun
Tony

Cobra,

Cool aircraft the AH-1 is :). I always wanted to fly them, but it was CH-47's. Good to meet a fellow army aviator and machinist...

Keep us updated on the H/M engine. BTW my first H/M is the Odds N' Ends by Phil Duclos which is close to finished...

Jeff

Hi Tony - If you had said that to your girlfriend you might still be in the EMERGENCY RECOVERY ROOM! - Billmc

Bill Mc,
I did come up with a great idea. I'm going to keep a eye on the shoes she doesn't wear, then I'll put them on ebay and get castings money :big:
Tony

Hi Tony - I'll be looking for the pair of spiked heels with the blood on them. - Billmc

Back