Clamp Forests

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milotrain

Reaction score
Anyone have good pictures of clamp forests they've made? I find just looking at how other people have fixed work is really helpful in figuring out how I'll mount something.

None of the following are mine
fixtures-machining-3.jpg

taig_vise_steel_clamps_1.jpg

ABHardface009s.jpg

cncvise07.jpg

^Notice the threaded clamping rods?
studconversionke2axle.jpg

Yes, viewing other peoples setups are one of the interesting parts of forum's like this.

You asked for setups, not necessarily good or safe ones. :)

Milotrain: I realize this is not metal working but there are a lot of clamps holding the face on a guitar body my son built. We did use my metal working tools though.

Believe it or not there is a guitar body in this forest of clamps:
DSC04053-1.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

DSC04063-1.jpg

don

Again, its not metal work but here is the result of a long afternoon laminating a kayak cockpit rim.

MVC-007F.jpg

Cheers,

Nick

Here's a couple of mine.

633488245_D5sPX-L-1.jpg

546463046_MsRBF-L-1.jpg

another view of the above,
546463090_hJc8w-L-1.jpg

532026429_HNhbr-L-1.jpg

532026706_ZAZfy-L-1.jpg

Tim

Nice clamps guys. I love the woodworking shots too, just fun to look at. Tim, inspiring work with a 123 block, like a mini column to jig work off... mmmm I'm totally going to steal that.... Lakc, I think you get a free hall pass when working on alternators or any ancillary equipment that needs bolted to an engine.

I think I'm going to mount a spare 123 block to a tooling plate so I can bolt it directly to the table. I could use two in a T shape and have a raised 90˚ index point. :)

here is mine, just shot today, I was making a boring bar that hold a round hss bit, miraculously I got the just space to drill and reamer the hole, just 5 mm higher and my mini-mill cant make it ::)

2igivt0.jpg

still more coming I hope!

Saludos

Latest posts

Back