Chyrsler Hemi Engine Plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLM

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Hemi plans on the forms

Thanks Don

Steve, you use Alibre don't you? If you waant i can convert the files into Alibre format. Have you already downloaded them?

Steve, you use Alibre don't you? If you waant i can convert the files into Alibre format. Have you already downloaded them?

I have had them for a long time. Just cant use them. If you feel like converting them to Alibre I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who would appreciate it. Many here use Alibre.

I have Alibre will it convert Solidworks files? I should probably know but then I should be more proficient with Alibre as well.
Art

Ark K

You can import these files into alibre. File Import show all files, select a file to import and alibre can open it and then you save it as an Alibre file.

I have just downloaded the Part1 and was able to view the first file.

Mike

Can these files be turned into a .pdf ?

Ark K

You can import these files into alibre. File Import show all files, select a file to import and alibre can open it and then you save it as an Alibre file.

I have just downloaded the Part1 and was able to view the first file.

Mike

I couldn't import. Got an error message. Must be a problem with file versions or something.

You cant import unless you bought the Solidworks addon. I'll open in solidworks, export step files, then any one can use them.

Jeremy

I have just tried again an I can import them into Alibre from the files I downloaded.

See attachment

alibre file.jpg

I was unsuccessful as well. I got a stitch to solid dialog box, then an unsupported format message. I think I'll wait for JW to convert them.:rolleyes:
Art

Congrats, you must have the option. It is an option. How about uploading Alibre files for the guys who use Alibre?

JW,
If I have the option then someone needs to explain how to do it. Feel free to PM me.
Art

Looking at the SW files I'd say the design has a ways to go to be buildable. I think you'd need Solidworks to finish the engine.

Greg

Hi Art,

I don't have the option either - too expensive considering I invested in Solidworks anyway. I was going to export Step files so any one can use it - since I use Alibre as well.

Click on the file tab, click on Import, then in the bottom right of the dialog click the box to select file type. These are the files you can import. I'm not on my CAD computer but I can upload screenshots later tonight.

I would be happy to import the files into Alibre and save them in Alibre format and then post them back on the website. I could get it done this week if anyone is interested

Mike

Back