• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap Stainless 1/2" SHCS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred

Reaction score
I needed a few 1/2"-13 SHCS for a vise-jaw project and wandered off to the local big-box "hardware" store. Nothing doing at the first one (Lowes), but the 2nd (Home Depot), they had a drawer full of stainless ones.. and nothing else.. at $4+ each. Yeek. Except some had the prices marked out, including the sizes I wanted. Sucking it up, I grabbed a few and went to the check out and tried to ring them up to find out what the price was. No go on the self-checker thing, the cashier can't find them, so he calls the hardware guy... Hardware guy comes out and says "We're discontinuing those.. just take them, they're free". :eek: :eek: I felt so bad about cleaning out the whole drawer of the discontinued ones that I even bought some of their expensive mystery-metal to make up for it :)

Anybody else wandering by a HD in the near future might find it worthwhile to check the big SHCS selection.

Latest posts

Back