Cabin Fever 2011

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vascon2196

Reaction score
Looks like I will be attending the cabin fever expo for the first time in January. It's a cool 6 to 7 hour drive for me and I already have the hotel booked. Going by myself but from the looks of past show pictures it's going to be worth it.

Hope to see some of you there.

Chris

I can assure you, that you won't be disappointed!

Most of the engines you will see there will boggle your mind!

And welcome to central Pennsylvania! :)

Looking forward to it myself Have the Hotel and Rons Seminar booked.
Lots to see bring a camera and comfortable shoes.
Steve I recommend exhibiting, more opportunity to take pics and talk to folk without the elbow to elbow crowds a place to stash stuff you bought a place to sit and rest and get some space around you. Last year it was elbow to elbow at 9:15 doors open at 9am to the public. The new venue is bigger and not as crowded . Last year they sold out of buttons sold out spares from the 2008 show then put "attendee" labels on folks. Exhibitors and vendors get label badges as well as the normal pin .
Tin

I plan to attend. The engine in my avatar will be on display so if you recognize it stop and say hello. I really like this show and hope to see many of you there.

Cheers,
Phil

vascon2196 said:
Going by myself but from the looks of past show pictures it's going to be worth it.

You may be going by yourself, but won't be when you are there. There is quite a few of us who attend. I couldn't make it last year but I will be there this year.

Like Tin said... comfortable shoes and a camera are a must.

Eric

My display looks like this :
DSCF3887.jpg

Tin

I think I'll be sitting this year out at home, but I hope everyone has fun.

Steve

Kvom...
I'd love to go, but I'm going to have to be here this year. Thanks for the offer.

Steve

I am planning to attend this year. I don't have enough engines to warrant a display and I'll be by myself so I don't want to be tied to the display table. Is there any chance for a group display, maybe a place for HMEM members to show a single engine and relieve each other on table duty?

I look forward to meeting some of you there.

Jerry

I plan on coming on Saturday. I hope to see some of the members while walking around

Dave

I don't have enough engines to warrant a display and I'll be by myself so I don't want to be tied to the display table. Is there any chance for a group display, maybe a place for HMEM members to show a single engine and relieve each other on table duty?
I have made the offer in the past to save space for HMEM folk . I general set up and save space for a couple of friends Fernroar and Jacquie on this boars but they rarely post . There is no minimum amount of engines you have to exhibit IIRC I had three the first time out. My Wife usually comes and is pretty involved in explaining our display when I am away from the table. I will be there on Friday just say the word and I will say you some space.
Tin

Tin

Thanks for the offer. From where I live, it's actually cheaper to fly than to drive so if I am able to bring an engine to display, it will only be one small one. I'll be there all three days. If I bring an engine or not, I'll look you up and say hi!

Jerry

could someone please tell me where the cabin fever event is held and the dates and times might be interested in going if i new where it is .thanks jonesie

I will be there. I live just 20 minutes from the York Fairgrounds where Cabin Fever is held. I will be at the MECA stand that has my avatar for a sign. We will be there trying to get some new members. Stop by and say hello.

thanks phil, i need to do some checking, as to the distance. thanks again jonesie

Anybody who hasn't been to a model engineering show owes it to themselves to attend at least one, and IMO Cabin Fever is among the best anywhere. I won't be attending this year, but I've been twice (three times?) in the past and immensely enjoyed it each time. It's particularly valuable if you're a "lone wolf" with no kindred spirits close by.

Of course, when you see some of the more spectacular models, you may be ready to commit suicide from feelings of total incompetence by comparison. ;D

Tin

I'm planning on displaying at the show for the first time this year. Could you save me a space. One gas engine and three steam engines.

Tom

Back