Cabin Fever 2011

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could easily spend 4 days at Cabin Fever, if it lasted that long. Unfortunately, my very considerate wife and close traveling companion can only take about one day of it before getting pretty bored. Does anyone know of any interesting nearby things to do that might be more interesting for women? Do the Cabin Fever folks have any plans for womens activities? This is a problem that makes attending some shows difficult at times. Suggestions welcomed.

Jeff

IIRC cabin fever used to have a Bus to take the ladies to local outlets not sure if they still do. My wife helps with explaining the display. Between York and Lancaster there should be lots of points of interest. Lancaster has lots of outlet malls.
Tin

Jeff
Plan a day in the Amish areas like Intercourse or Lancaster. My wife enjoyed the trip and its not all that far from York.

Steve

I will be there - driving up on the 13th after work! This is my first time attending a model engineering show so I am looking forward to it.

I have been told that Cabin fever is quite a bit bigger then the N.A.M.E.S. show. Is that true.

have not been to names info on the venue here
http://www.yorkexpo.com/toy_arena.html
They do have a large stem boat pond and a large layout for live steam trains
Enginemaker I will set some space aside for you.
OK NAMES advertises 30,000 square feet The Toyota arena is 74,000 square feet yes a bit bigger.

tin

Tin, I hate to impose but if you could try and save 2 tables( 7 or 8 engines between my father and I) since we can't be there until at least 6 pm friday and I know from last year that table space was at a premium by 2 on friday. Thanks

Harold

You know, I don't want to be a spoil-sport here, but everyone is saving tables for everyone. Last year I got to cabin fever at 9am on Friday and so many tables were saved that I had a hard time finding space. I finally had to beg someone to let me use one of the tables they were holding, (They were holding 4 plus the one they were using). I had 7 engines set up on one table. Then guess what, the two tables that were next to me that were saved were never used. No one came to use them Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. So if you HAVE to save tables how about thinking about the other guys that come later and save just the minimum.

Cabin Fever Expo is In York PA. Can't help on much more info, but I am sure that others here can give you plenty (of help...)

Was there 2 years ago when I was stuck in Phillie for months on end and wish I had taken more pictures. Used to live in Norhtern Indiana and went to N.A.M.E.S and wish i had taken more pictures then also...

SO - My advice is take plenty of pictures - of everything and then do it all again.

Wish I could be there for a day as that is the one thing the Rio Grande Valley doesn't seem to have much of, That and snow...

I was planning to drive up this year, but with the weather here im the South and the road conditions it's not going to happen. :mad:

Tin , cancel my request for saving space. Had a big problem at work today and saturday is an all hands on deck to do the repair, so I will have to miss out this year. :( Look forward to the picks you all will post though.

Harold

Sorry to hear you cant make it . thanks for communication.
Tin

What is the connection for the air supply at the tables?? 1/4" NPT, male or female?

The connection is 1/4" female. I just got back from setting up and will soon post some pictures,

Cheers,
Phil

Beauty! I just packed my air hose and all set. Look for my avatar logo!

I just got home...It was kind of disappointing this year-it seemed really slow and very few vendors where there compared to years past. I guess the bad economy has taking it's toll :-\

Just back from Cabin Fever.
A little smaller than last year but still well worth the trip.
The one side that had all the trains and locos from last year was most noticeably smaller.
But there was also a bit of room available in the area where all the engines were.
I could be wrong but it seemed the showing of various boats was slightly better.
Still...it seemed just as crowded with visitors as last year.
Lines were too long at the food court so I couldn't get my hot dog (a major incentive to go I must say).
I saw Tin but didn't catch anyone else.

I went to Friday's seminar (and didn't win the raffle for the LMS CNC mill darn it). Ron Ginger did an excellent job.
Tin gave an 'ode to machining'...he should post that here if he hasn't already. It was well done and well received.

Sorry I missed you dreeves. I got there late and had forgotten my phone.

I wish I had enough strength to make the grueling six hour trip. Would have been fun to meet some of the members o HMEM in person.

Did anyone see, or take pictures of any Upshur farm engines? :)

-MB

Zee,

Thats funny I left the house today without my phone as well today. I agree the show was smaller but there was as many people as last year. I went to the aucton they had for full size hit and miss engines and left when one sold for $61000.00 with the 12% buyers premium of $7320.00 and 6% sales tax $4099.20 for a total of $72419.20 WOW

All and all a good day

Dave

Would someone please, please, please post some pictures for us poor souls out here on the left coast!!!
Dennis

Latest posts

Back