Building a small gear reducer (model sized)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rleete said:
Holy cow. Do you ever sleep or eat?

There is evidence to suggest that feeding is interveinous and sleep is accomplished by shutting down parts of his brain while the rest remains operational. The areas swap around so that in any given 24 hour period, they all get adequate rest.

Brian, that is beautiful work. Again. As usual. But now that you have a nice low speed, high torque output, I know that you'll find something to drive with it.

Best regards,

Kludge

Brian,
You never cease to amaze me with the projects you come up with, some of which I'd like to try out sometime.
A few posts back you were talking of engineering the project right the first time. That reminded me of a story my boss told of how Colin Chapman of Lotus fame built his car frames as light as possible. Started by over designing it then removed parts till it failed, oops guess we need that piece and put it back in. He was fanatical about weight savings. He also wasn't designing it perfect the first time and could afford to perfect it where you have to be perfect the first time. I found the story amusing at least.
Art

Back