I started this project to fill some time during the Covid shutdown. I’ve had a set of 5C collets for awhile, but they‘ve been of limited value. When I saw an article in an old issue of Home Shop Machinist for a collet adapter I was interested. I just finished the project and I’m very satisfied with a 2/10‘s runout result. More then adequate for a ‘hammer mechanic” such as myself. This is a picture of the collet body mounted on my drill press. Dowel holes for location and attach screws. You might be wondering about the old C clamp in the picture. It’s a feeble attempt to hold vertical location when the table is moved up or down.
237.4 KB Views: 53