Brians Flying Circus---

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I just finished my air distribution manifold about half an hour ago, and of course, I just had to see if it worked----And it does. I have never had all of my engines running at the same time before, so this was a first. Tomorrow I will hook the double acting wobbler up to the slinky machine, and the twin horizontal engine up to the varying load device, and hope like heck they will all run that way. This week I will have to do some kind of technical write up on each of the various engines to explain to people at the steam show next weekend exactly what it is that they are looking at.

Good one Brian :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Nice Hydra you've got there...even if it's missing a few heads. ;D
Post more video when you've got the others on it!

Nice video Brian. :bow: Have fun at the show. If you've never done one before I think you'll find it adds yet another dimension to the hobby.

Cheers,
Phil

What everybody else said! I like it... puts a huge grin on my face ;D

Well done Brian! I need to do something like that soon. More work....

Brian:
I think you will enjoy doing the show.
Here is a thread I posted way back when?
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=39.0

and a photo of my display from last summer

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=5498.0

I started out with one regulator and plastic aquarium valves and Ts I still have them in the show box for spares. Since then I have built two show boxes I use for the display there is a quick disconnect and two regulators in each box that feed metal aquarium manifolds.
I have learned over time to read the public and engage in conversation. There are lots of different levels of interest in folks that attend to the show and various reasons for coming . I love it when you see a spark of interest turn into a flame in a kid.
Tin

Brian Rupnow said:
Its early Sunday morning, and I am doing the technical write-ups that go with the various engines. This first write up is for the elmer Verburg wobbler, my first engine.

. Its correct name it a “Horizontal Oscillating Steam Engine”,

. Its correct name is “Horizontal Oscillating Steam Engine”,

Typo

This “Horizontal Oscillating Steam Engine” designed by Elmer Verburg is the first engine built by me. Elmer Verburg was a man who devoted much of his life to building small functional steam engines. To the people in the steam engine hobby it is known as a “Wobbler”.

new paragraph

Just a thought Good write up

The Beam engine write up with its shorter first paragraph keeps the eye attention better. Something about long lead ins distract

Shrunk you double down to one page. Your write ups get better as you go along.

OK I'll go chase a stick now, I had enough of my own essays redlined over the years :)

Robert

View attachment DHE edit.doc

Beam engine typo:
meant that industy could be located anywhere.
Double Horizontal typo:
“Double Cylinde/Double Acting” design

Nice writeups! Bring back lots of show pictures. ;D

I'm still enjoying that video of multiple engines running at once... fascinating stuff.

Congratulations Brian, you've sure put a lot of work in but it's paying off ....... have a great time at the show ............ and do take some photo's ;D

CC

Back