• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

brass flywheel blanks for sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

thinwater

I made 7 of these in my CNC machining class. They are 2" round x 1" thick. Both sides are machined the same. The hole is 1/4" and the hub is 5/8" around. The web thicknes is 1/4".

They are ready for you to use as is or finish to suite.

I cut the brass on a band saw, faced both sides in a lathe then put them in a Haas horizontal mill to cut the rest.

The outer round is unmachined. I will be doing some with spokes next week.

I am making up a few of these to try and earn some gas money since the college is 30 miles from my home.

ASking $12 each plus $4 shipping to cont. USA.

JIM

ry%3D400

Hey Jim,

Great idea. Wish I could help you out and get a couple, but it may be awhile before I can. Good luck!

Eric

Any other parts of any type that may sell are welcome. Machined are perferred since casting take a long time to make a pattern, ram up the mold then melt the metal. i like casting for my own projects but it would not be worth trying to sell cast peices for me.

I can also cut blanks out of the brass and just face them off to size.

If someone comes up with some really cool patterns for a mid size engine I would cast them a set and make one for myself then return the patterns.

Hi, Yes it's been 6 years since your post on the flywheel blanks, are any still available?

Back