Brang new cherry

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1dbweldor

1dbweldor
Reaction score
Well maybe not brand new, but new to this sight.
Gentlemen I have been building several Hodgens 9 radials the last 1.5 years. I have always been intrigued with the radials as it is one of the few engines I have never seen the inside of. Also I bought the prints to give me hard numbers to learn to write programs for my cnc mill. When I design and machine I might change the design midway. With cnc you have to have hard numbers. My next step will probably be Solid Works.
I started looking for a new project to start rounding materials up for and to me the ultimate project would be a Merlin v12. So the search began not many modelers doing this build, only about 4 or 5. But low and behold I ran into this sight and MAYHUGH happens to be doing an excellent build log. I figured I might as well join and introduce myself as I already have the answer for one of Terry's questions from the first few pages.
Myself I don't care how time consuming or complicated the machine work is on these builds, I like a challenge and probably have the tools to do the work, If not I will get them. Also I'm retired and have time on my hands. I always enjoyed working and still do, except I can't work like a white man any longer only a few hours at a time. 16 to 20 hour days are over for me so I do what I can.

Welcome 1dbweldor. You will be in good company here. I'm sure many including myself would like to see pictures of your builds and your future projects yet to come. -Peter

Welcome 1dbweldor i will be interested in you build log of a merlin
A friend of mine has built the same engine, I have seen it run, looks ands sound fantastic
Its a big project, looking forward to seeing it

Michael

Thank you gentlemen for your kind replies. It will be some time before I actually start machining on this project. I think I'll try out some of the Solid Works and see if I can use this to design with.
I always try to do my homework before I get in too deep on something of this nature. Basically I like to have a game plan.

Latest posts

Back