Boo Hoo

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutsqueezer

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Ya know, I hated to do it. Hated to spend the money on something like this when I could have spent it on something like a new sidewalk or furniture or something the wife might like. Now I have to look at it every day and drive it around, pushing dirt and moving rocks and being out in the fresh air an all. That and making the bucket go up and down and making a lot of noise raising a lot of dust, all these things a man really doesn't like to do. Bummer... Rof}

DSC05370.jpg

DSC05382.jpg

Seriously, there are two things I plan to do when I retire end of next year: Build model engines and play in the dirt. I'm set for both now. Maybe a new lathe before then too. Now I have a way to get it out of my truck and into the shed.

Troutsqueezer

I really really feel sorry for you. That kind of punishment shouldn't be forced on anybody. :big: :big:

Cheers :)

Don

That's a mighty big Tonka Toy there, Mr. Squeezer :bow:

You should get with Charlie Daniels and A. J. Foyt, I understand they both like to play with dozers in the dirt to help blow off steam.

Well, that is what separates the men from the boys........ the size of their ,,,,,,,, toys. :big:

BC1
Jim

Yeah,

Boo Bloody Hoo...........................Just Jealous ;D ;D

Best Regards
Bob

You forgot the scale Trout. Does Mattel make that?

But seriously...congratulations. My father-in-law is the same way with his bob-cat.

Now...I believe there's a thread somewhere with your name on it.

It's a burden I'm going to have to bear, dang it. It has a seat belt which I think I'm going to use seeing as how I live on a hill.

This would be a Kubota B21, Mr. tel. Purchased slightly used.

Yes, tractor party at my house next time there's a model engine show around Sacramento and you guys attend. :)

Everyone knows Tonka is the preeminent toy tractor manufacturer, Zee. Ksouers knows it. Mattel....sheesh...

I did have a thread going somewhere didn't I? It's probably back on page six by now. I'd better freshen it up although it's embarrassing, the few piddly parts I've made lately. There is a silver soldered (brazed) crankshaft in the making though. I could show that.

I hate when this horrific situation appears .... may have to come up there from SoCal and pry you off yer new toy ..... heh heh heh, so I can play with it, errrr, use it !!

Mike

Troutsqueezer said:
Everyone knows Tonka is the preeminent toy tractor manufacturer, Zee. Ksouers knows it. Mattel....sheesh...

Actually - I think the Pre-eminent Tractor maker is ERTL.

Hey Trout,

Can I bring my toys over to your sand box? :big:

tractors.jpg

They are a Massey 275 4 cylinder 70 hp Perkins diesel and a Kabota L3400 31 hp diesel.

One thing I wish I had is a backhoe for either tractor. I did borrow the neighbors 3 point backhoe and tried it out on the Kabota. Lot's of fun digging holes and putting dirt back in the holes.

Bernd

Bernd, if you start now, at 10 mph you can get here from New York in about...ummm....two weeks if you go non-stop. I've got lots of gravel road we can play around on. Is it me or is your Kubota lording over your forlorn Massey. And is your wife OK with both tractors parked on the lawn?

kfq2d, you may be right but doesn't ERTL focus on farm tractors? Tonka seems to offer a lot of construction type machinery. Aw heck, what I am talking about? I really don't have a clue and never will, my problem is I can't stop my fingers from typing................ ;D

(to be read with a Morgan Freeman accent....)

He he he... he who dies with the most toys wins........ :bow:

I like you trout..... he he he......

Troutsqueezer said:
Bernd, if you start now, at 10 mph you can get here from New York in about...ummm....two weeks if you go non-stop. I've got lots of gravel road we can play around on.

Sounds good to me. I first need to put a roof over the Kabota. Seeing yours gave me an idea. :idea:

Is it me or is your Kubota lording over your forlorn Massey.

Nope it's not you. Your right. You know how those young ones are. Masseys a 1968 tractor, Kabota is a 2005.

And is your wife OK with both tractors parked on the lawn?

Yup. If she complains I make her mow the near 1 acre lawn. We have th_rulze you know. :big:

All kidding aside. The lawn isn't that great. When I started I just mowed what was there with the Massey and a bush hog. Then finally used a regular lawnmower. You need both hands on the steering wheel to keep going straight on that lawn.

OK, so I'll see ya' in about two weeks then. :big: :big: :big: :big:

Bernd

California's too crowded. They're pushing for job creation out here but I think I don't want any jobs to be created here. I think I want people to move away, less traffic, less pollution, less crime. :rant: I think I'd rather live in Indiana. Michael Jackson's from there, isn't he? :big:

Jim, if you mean me. Ya, I know.

Trout, understand about more people coming in. (going to PC correct on this one :D )

Kevin, if it'll hold 3 tractors I'd say it's pretty big. :big:

Hey Trout, I'll stay home then if I'm not wanted. :'( :big: :big:

Bernd

My sandbox is 10 acres - small by some standards - three of which my wife has landscaped with botanical gardens. She's VP of the Folsom garden club so you can imagine. It's kinda hilly too so I have to be careful or I'll be retiring sooner than I think.

I've got neighbors who think the magic fairy takes care of the gravel roads leading into our little valley in the hills here. Well.... I think I have neighbors, they never come out of their houses so I can't be sure. Some folks move to the country to get closer to nature and fresh air, others move out here to isolate themselves. I suspect there are more of the latter. :( In any case, it's up to me and my aging neighbor to take care of the access road, about two miles long so that's one of the primary reason for the toy machine.

Bernd, awww... I was already planning the BBQ! *beer*

Latest posts

Back