Bog's Is Leaving us ?????????

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcolmt

Reaction score
I have just read the post from our beloved bogs and it reads to me that he will not be posting here anymore.

Malcolmt

Malcolm, you've made a serious accusation there.

Nobody but the moderators and the participants know what really happened here. Leave it to them to sort out. They're good people and will see it all comes out right and fair. I know Rake60 takes all of this sort of thing extremely seriously and will probably look into it himself. They also do have access to read all the PM's and understand the facts. I trust that if anyone did something inappropriate, they'll do the right thing about it. A lot of public drama around that is probably not going to help anyone, least of all Bogstandard.

Misunderstandings happen and I hope that both Bogstandard and Bryan can work this out with our fine moderators. They've each been members in good standing who've contributed a lot. I would miss either of them greatly if they move on.

Sincerely,

BW

Gentlemen,

The issue is being considered by the admin and mod team. At this point, I will not give any details other than to say that nothing has happened at this point that is permanent. I will say that the HMEM has not kicked anyone out over this issue between the two members mentioned. The HMEM team does take these situations very seriously, and we value ALL of the members here.

If anyone has any further issues, please PM an administrator/moderator and let's not make this a bigger issue than it already is.

Thank You,
W/E

even without johns retirement from here i believed that the post should have warrented banning of the person who made the post.

Sincerely

Malcolmt

Easy Malcolm...
There was plenty of blame to go around. Bogster himself requested that his membership be canceled. This is about the 3rd time he's quit this forum (plus another one I visit) and I and others have talked him into coming back in the past. As much as I like the old fellow, I just don't have the energy to keep doing it anymore. He has his reasons for what he does and I'll respect that.

No need to be pointing fingers at any individual as being to blame... Bogster picked a fight based on his personal "moral compass" as he has several times in the past... he got his feelings hurt, called it a moral outrage and he quit. It's simple as that. I seriously doubt he'll be coming back this time. His unique perspective, expertise and sense of humor will be missed.

Steve

Abuse? Insults ? did I miss something?...

Well I thought I had found a site free from religion and politics to hang my hat and now we have people taking their ball home.

I have my own thoughts on this and that's how they will stay but one thing I will say and that is if you want to see how indispensable any of us are just dip your hand in a bucket of water, take it out and measure the hole.

Geez guys, I don't want anyone to leave. I hope it gets worked out.

Dave

I suppose an official response is in order.

John HAS requested that his account to HMEM be deleted.
I refused that request.
This IS the third time in a little more than a year that I've
spent many days on these same issues with John.

His contributions will be sadly missed here.

Rick

I for one will miss John's wit and humour.But it's his decision,and I respect that.
This is by far the friendliest forum i've come across,and I'm sure no one intended offence in any posting.Not that I noticed anything of that nature.
Either way I wish John well in his endeavours.
Hans.

Back