Bob Shores Model Engine Ignition Book

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I know. This information comes from conversations with Dirk Tollanaar and Paul Knapp.

When Bob passed away Margaret kept the book and all the engines that were "finished". The engine that weren't were given to Dirk Tollanaar. So the patterns for the Peewee V4 and the Pacifier V4 as well as a few experimental engines.

The Peewee was produced and I purchased a set and tried to build it. The drawings were not complete so I took what was in the drawings and came up with a set that if followed from scratch could produce a running engine. I gave the drawings to Dirk so he had good drawings to sell with his castings.

I talked Dirk into getting some casings for the Pacifier made. The deal was he would invest in the castings if I made him a drawing set. The castings were made and he sent me 2 sets and my buddy Bob a set. I designed and completed the engine. The drawings were sent to Dirk and the deal was completed. Shortly after that Dirk passed away and no other castings were ever made available.

The rights to the Peewee and the Pacifier now are in the hands of Dirks son Derek. It's unclear if any of the 2 will be available in the future.

When Margaret passed she left all the finished engines to Paul Knapp and the craftsmanship museum. He has the silver angel, little angel, silver bullet, Hercules, etc as well as prototype Bosch I4 and Peewee V4. Not sure but I think he also has the book. If you want to be sure you can contact the museum for clarification.

I kept the Little Angel and it was given to Micheal Hammond, nephew ( Bob's grand son) aprrox 2 years ago, he slso has the Stove Pipe & others.
I meant the plans and patterns so they can keep the castings available not the physical engines. Paul Knapp told me he had them and was selling castings. He also was hoping to get the patterns for Peewee and the Pacifier to get them all back together. Don't think that has happened.

I meant the plans and patterns so they can keep the castings available not the physical engines. Paul Knapp told me he had them and was selling castings. He also was hoping to get the patterns for Peewee and the Pacifier to get them all back together. Don't think that has happened.
I have no idea of what happened the day after his death, i was told stay out of it

I tried to locate the model group in Florida that Bob was a member of.
There is no sign of it still existing on the net.
There are no contacts for or about Bob I can find across the net.
If Google can't find Bob's heirs, then chances are they can't be found.

Basic needle in the haystack situation, but I did try to find someone/something, so effort made.

Should someone come forward with a legitimate copyright, I would gladly contribute to them.

I would caution anyone about purchasing Bob's book online, unless proof of copyright ownership is provided by the seller.

I am bob shores,oldest son BDS Jr. still here alive & well

I tried to locate the model group in Florida that Bob was a member of.
There is no sign of it still existing on the net.
There are no contacts for or about Bob I can find across the net.
If Google can't find Bob's heirs, then chances are they can't be found.

Basic needle in the haystack situation, but I did try to find someone/something, so effort made.

Should someone come forward with a legitimate copyright, I would gladly contribute to them.

I would caution anyone about purchasing Bob's book online, unless proof of copyright ownership is provided by the seller.

Sad, however i held the pacifier for years, finally convinced my mom to donate to the museum, the tractor & collipe was mine the day before he passed away, eventually donated to Showmens museum in Gibsonton Fla.

I am bob shores,oldest son BDS Jr. still here alive & well
Welcome Bob, so glad to have you here.

Similar situation when my dad died.
My large family kept me out of most of it, but I did get my dad's machine shop, tooling, and many of the engines my dad built.

Great book your dad wrote; the knowledge is much appreciated.

Pat J.

Welcome Bob, so glad to have you here.

Similar situation when my dad died.
My large family kept me out of most of it, but I did get my dad's machine shop, tooling, and many of the engines my dad built.

Great book your dad wrote; the knowledge is much appreciated.

Pat J.
Thank you, sir

Latest posts

Back