Blackfoot, Idaho...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorkpunch

Reaction score
Yup. I know. Doesn't get more out of the loop than living outside of a podunk little town in South East Idaho, but we love it here and plan on sticking around.

Brief introduction before I start posting some of the engines I've built and asking questions about a couple more I'm playing with ideas for.

Currently I have the best job in the world- I teach grades 7 & 8 "elective" classes, including Tech and Design, Metals, and Small Engine repair. We get to play with rockets, planes, catapults, 3D printers, cars, boats, submarines, plants, science-y stuff, sheet metal, welders, and of course all kinds of small engines!

In one of the classes I teach, I have my students build a VERY simple but heavy duty wobbler engine that runs on compressed air. The cool part about it- its built with a drill press and a welder. No machining required!

I've been playing with engines since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and still love to. The older the better- its always fun to crank up an 80 yr old hit and miss engine for my students and explain to them how such a simple device changed the course of history and industrialized the world.

Anyways, can't wait to dig into all of the incredible builds here and share a few of my own!

Welcome to HMEM. Looking forward to seeing your engines. Sounds like a really cool job you got. :)

Yup. I know. Doesn't get more out of the loop than living outside of a podunk little town in South East Idaho, but we love it here and plan on sticking around.

I used to turn left at Blackfoot on my way from Pocatello to NRTS in the mid-60's almost every day. I thought SE Idaho was an ideal place to live.

Latest posts

Back