Bandsaw repair

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

editor123

Reaction score
Had the tire on my 10" bandsaw break up and make the machine shake. When I opened the saw, I expected to see the tire on the driving wheel at the bottom. Not so, it is on the top wheel.

Ordered a new tire to fix the problem but I have this feeling that the tire should go on the bottom, driven wheel.

What do you think?:confused::confused:

Pretty sure all tires are on the free wheel not he drive wheel.

The tire on my saw has dried out and expanded. Just don't want to bit the bullet and pay more for a new tire then I paid for the saw.

Pretty sure all tires are on the free wheel not he drive wheel.

The tire on my saw has dried out and expanded. Just don't want to bit the bullet and pay more for a new tire then I paid for the saw.

Thanks for the input.
I purchased 2 new urethane tires on Amazon for $30. A friend of mine said that the second tire will likely never be used. He bought and installed one of them about 15 years ago and it still looks new.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H2F8X04/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bandsaw which needs a new tire. I had never thought about urethane but McMaster Carr sells flat urethane belt either made to order or as flat stock. That would probably be a good solution for the home shop.

But why not purchase a made-to-order belt? McMaster Carr will probably cost more.

Cost: Replacement belt is $20 to $30 each and flat belt from McMaster is $3.37/ft. I have welded a lot of the urethane belts and it is not hard to do.

Latest posts

Back