• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Any ideas what this is off, and is it worth anything

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't recognise what machine this changewheel set is off. A friend of mine acquired it from a yard sale in CA, and wants to know if its worth anything ?

Any ideas folks ?

Change wheel set.jpg

Hi Steve,
Looks like a quadrant and change gears for an EMCO V10P lathe. I had a metric one and I made a quadrant and the change gears so I could cut imperial threads.
Of course your set could be to cut metric threads on an inch machine.
Emco stuff was very expensive so it would have cost a fortune new. Even now, I imagine it would fetch a good price in the right market.
Regards,
Alan

So that's what happens to all those sets of change gears missing from secondhand lathes.

Yes. Sad isn't it ?
Anyway, she's acquired a bunch of stuff like that she hasn't a clue about. When I find out where she's selling it on, I'll let you all know. It might be a relative, because she says she wants to honour the care and attention all the tools have received by making sure they go to a good home. Which is what I would like to think will happen to all of mine somesday in the distant future....

Latest posts

Back