Another new person..

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanofid

Reaction score
Hello everyone;

Another new guy here. My name is Dean Williams and I live in Northern Idaho.
I have a little hobby machine shop, (in my house. When my daughter moved out, I got her old bedroom for a shop. Nice and warm in the winter.)
All my machines are small, but that suits my work, as it's all small too.

I've been impersonating a machinist for about 15 years, I think, and no one's caught me yet. I just may get away with it!

I see a lot of good work on this forum, and after reading a fair sampling of the posts it looks like the more seasoned builders are happy to share their tricks with the folks who are new at the game. Way to go!

Seems like a nice place.

Dean

<a href="http://www.deansphotographica.com/machining/projects/projects.html">Shop Projects</a>

Deanofid said:
Hello everyone;

Another new guy here. My name is Dean Williams and I live in Northern Idaho.
I have a little machine shop, (in my house. When my daughter moved out, I got her old bedroom for a shop. Nice and warm in the winter.)
All my machines are small, but that suits my work, as it's all small too.

I've been impersonating a machinist for about 15 years, I think, and no one's caught me yet. I just may get away with it!

I see a lot of good work on this forum, and after reading a fair sampling of the posts it looks like the more seasoned builders are happy to share their tricks with the folks who are new at the game. Way to go!

Seems like a nice place.

Dean

<a href="http://www.deansphotographica.com/machining/projects/projects.html">Shop Projects</a>

Welcome, checking your pages now on the AA109. What I got, sleeve bearing and all. Thinking that tool post idea is next up.

Robert

Welcome Dean.
You've got some neat projects on your site.
Yes, you'll find the people here very helpful and nice.

Welcome to the forums! I've been to your site before, I think your gear-cutting was linked in here recently.

Thanks for the welcome, Robert.

I was looking at one of your posts yesterday, before I joined, and I thought, "That lathe looks familiar". You were showing some parts for a small engine, and I could just see a few parts of the lathe. Then I thought, "No wonder it looks familiar. I've got one just like it on the work bench!"

I have a couple of other little lathes in the shop, and a small milling machine. The 109 has been a pet project the last couple of months. It's a neat lathe. It just needs a little care and appreciation, (and a soft touch...)

Dean

Deanofid said:
Thanks for the welcome, Robert.

I was looking at one of your posts yesterday, before I joined, and I thought, "That lathe looks familiar". You were showing some parts for a small engine, and I could just see a few parts of the lathe. Then I thought, "No wonder it looks familiar. I've got one just like it on the work bench!"

I have a couple of other little lathes in the shop, and a small milling machine. The 109 has been a pet project the last couple of months. It's a neat lathe. It just needs a little care and appreciation, (and a soft touch...)

Dean

I keep the 10# single jack nearby for just that purpose :)

Like the rear gib idea also, now that I've seen it done, and its something that can be made on the 109 to boot.

Dean:
Welcome thanks for the intro and the link to your web site. nice tool and engine projects.
I see you are another 109 user. I have two that I kind of inherited that intend to start using. They run but the tooling is a little sparse and I only have change gears for one. but I guess alot of it is just getting motivated and make things happen.
Unfortunately my current job of the past two plus years leaves me with lees time at home than I had a few years back. It has been over two years since I finished and engine that will change.
Tin

wEc1 welcome im pretty new to machining but i like it

Dean,

Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Dean,

Welcome. This is a great place with great people.

Bob

wEc1 Welcome to the forums!
I have seen your Nice site!! Great works!!
Best regards
Paolo

Welcome aboard!

I am an impersonator as well (no formal training or classes). Everything I know about machining is from forums, web sites, and trial and error. :)

Nice site. I know everyone here including myself likes pictures so that was great!

Latest posts

Back