Another member from Brazil

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_ottoboni

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My name is Tarik and I'm from Campinas - Brazil
I've been reading the whole forum since some time ago, and had to show here to say how amazing the people of this board are for sharing knowledge about machining. The model engines found on this forum are superb!

Saying a special hello to my neighbor (60 miles) Alexandre Machado, who joined the board recently too! And believe him about how hard it is for us to buy the right equipment here!

I already have some knowledge in machining from tech school, but still each hour spent here I learn something new!
Since the major cost in a lathe/mill is the tooling for these machines, I started buying some tooling first, and than I'll buy a lathe and a mill. I'm thinking of a Sied C6 and a BF-20 combination. That's what fit my small shop room!

Until then I spend my free time making simple tooling with my drillpress and files. Good old hard hand work (don't be so dirty-minded, you know what I mean!)

Very happy to join the community!

Tarik

wEc1 Tarik!

This forum is great, the people share valuable knowledge.

I'm anxious to start building something to share here.

I'm considering buy a Sherline CNC machines. I live in an apartment and of course, problems with noise. But I will settle this later, after receive the machines.

Best Wishes,

Alexandre

wEc1 Tarik! This is a great place to hang out and learn! *discussion*

Cheers

Jeff

Tarik,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Tarik: Nothing wrong with learning bench work to get started. Helps train the eye and hand. welcome to the board

Tin

Latest posts

Back