Another Kiwi build question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcutajar

Reaction score
Sorry if I am becoming a pain, but I just hit another snag with the piston.

This morning I was looking at the piston dimensions and I think I am missing a dimension on the plans. I cannot find the height of the piston. It could be I am still fuzzy this morning (came back from work in the middle of the night). The photo is a snapshot from the large scale plans I have and I think the dimension that is missing is the distance between the bottom of the second groove and the top of the hole of the wrist pin. I estimated it should read 1/16" and if so the height of the piston should be 15/16" (adding fractions is not my forte).

What do you think?

I think I am becoming paranoid because the piston is a casting and I do not want to ruin it. I did not anticipate the piston would give me so much head scratching.

Again thanks for any feedback.

Vince

DSCF0480.JPG

Marcello is quite correct Vince.

You have forgotten to add on the 1/16" measurement that is missing, so the total is 1".

BTW, I would have come to the same conclusion as yourself about the 1/16" missing dimension, purely because E.T. liked working to nice round figures if possible.

John

Marcello and John

You are quite right. I forgot to add the missing 1/16". I said I was a bit fuzzy and still am. I am off for a siesta to recuperate.

Vince

Latest posts

Back