Air hose fittings?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smfr

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
What do people generally use to hook up their engines to an air hose (from a compressor)? I have a little airbrush compressor, and am using some plastic tubing right now, but I'd prefer some kind of fitting I can easily hook up to the different engines.

I was in your shoes not too long ago so I came up with a more permanent solution. I made a manifold with valves on it and came off with the right size tubing. I have made another from fittings and regulators for the bigger stuff but the same idea.

DSCN2110.jpg

DSCN2112.jpg

That's a very nicely finished manifold set up. Nice car.

Say Simon, if you check out laboratory supply houses on the web, you will most likely find some interesting bits and bobs that will serve your purpose. There are compression type of fittings specifically for air piping and they come in an assortment of sizes. One end is threaded male and the other is set up to take the tubing. You insert the tubing into the fitting and tighten up the gland and your good to go. In-line couplers are available as well as street elbows, T's and 'L' fittings too.

BC1
Jim

I have a couple of quick connect fittings from Badger Airbrush that are a real quality fitting and not too much money wise. The one I have is a 51-042 if I remember which hooks to the standard size airbrush hose but I'm sure they make different sizes.

I typically have some sort of disconnect I hook to the compressor or air line, harbor freight sells them usually on sale Farly cheap then a regulator with oil separator. then plastic hose to a manifold. then plastic hose to the engine(s)

manifold here

http://www.aquacave.com/multi-outlet-chrome-br-air-manifold-by-sunlight-br-supply-2298.html

http://www.aquacave.com/Multi-Outlet-CHROME-Air-Manifold-by-Sunlight-Supply-P2226.aspx

this one uses 4- 40 thread . you can redesign and use up to 1/4 20 thread. you will need a seal a small o ring or slice of silicone tubing will work.
Tin

Festo make a range of metric fittings in M3, M4 & M5 for tube in bore sizes 2mm, 3mm, 4mm etc.

Also barbed fittings individually of packs of 10.

They even make an M3 quick coupler - see photo - for 2mm bore tube.

Usual disclaimers - just equipment I use.

Ken

quick3.JPG

Latest posts

Back