A2Z CNC Quick Change Tool post on 7X14 lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolgoose

Reaction score
Guys,

I have recently purchase a A2Z CNC QCTP from little machine shop http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=2461&category=

It came with a mounting adapter http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=2481&category=

How do I remove the mounting stud that came with the standard tool post? I have attached the pictures of the mounting stud on my lathe for your reference.

Thanks a lot for your time!
Sri.

Photo_F1FCF506-5CA1-95CB-D75D-82A9B74A2FCD.jpg

Photo_B96C66C4-875A-87A9-F434-C9F0E82C13F3.jpg

Sri,

The Little Machine Shop web site says the stud has a M10 thread. I've bought stuff from them for my mini-mill.

First, I'd clamp the assembly in a vise on a work bench. When I didn't have the right stud removing tool, I threaded two nuts onto the stud and used a box end wrench to turn the lower nut against the upper nut. The lower nut puts pressure against the upper nut and the upper nut locks the two nuts together as you back out the stud. Reverse the process to install a new stud. You should find M10 nuts at your local hardware store or online.

I hope this was the advice you were looking for...

George

Thank you George :)

I will try your solution today and hopefully get the stud out

The A2Z QCTP is very nearly the best purchase I've ever made. Makes changing tools so much less hassle.

The stud has a non-threaded portion on the bottom. Since I doubt you will ever go back to the old tool post, and the plain section is not that critical a fit, you can always try vice grips. If you do mar it up, a file will smooth it out. Chances are, you will never even consider putting it back.

Thank you George. Your suggestion worked :) I now have QCTP mounted on my lathe.

Thanks rleete for your suggestion.

Latest posts

Back