• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

6" Union 4 jaw independent chuck with integral 1 3/4-8 thread

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamer

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have this chuck, and it fits nothing I have
It appears to be in decent shape. It has 1 small nick in one jaw, but is otherwise complete.

It appears to be 1 3/4 -8 thread. I am sure there is an odd ball lathe out there looking for a 4 jaw ;D

$50 + shipping takes it, If your serious, I'll post some pictures and take better measurements. It does NOT fit a SB9 so it's larger than 1.5 -8.

Dave

1 3/4"-8 fits, the Clausing 4900 series, some Sheldon lathes(?), and some import 10" lathes. The register diameter will tell you which. I guess it's also fairly common on some dividing heads. If I wasn't broke right now I might be interested in it. My 4 jaw is still waiting to be cleaned and checked out.

Greg

I have a 10" Sheldon the thread would fit on. I think I already have a 4J for it though. Have to check tonight.

I have 1 person on the PM board show interest...I'll let you know how it goes.

Dave

Pictures would help some of us decide if we wanted to buy and modify it. ;D

2012-02-05_08-23-12_390.jpg

2012-02-05_08-22-00_181.jpg

2012-02-05_08-22-12_852.jpg

The last picture shows a small chip on ONE of the jaws

The register diameter is 1.770" The pitch of the thread is 8 (.125") I presume it's a 1.75-8 thread

Dave

It appears someone could fit a back plate to the rear of it. It's even got 4 holes back there already.

Back