• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

6" D1-3 Feurda/Gator 3 jaw chuck.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EternlYs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here!
I'm selling a like new 6" Gator chuck, 3 jaw with reversible hard jaws and a set of soft jaws. Great chuck, but recently made room for a Bison 6 1/4" set tru. Don't need 2 sitting around.
Spindle back is D1-3, was used on my south bend 8k for a while. Spindle bore on then chuck is 1.65"

Asking 300 shipped for everything or best offer.
DM or call 520-818-4573 : TJ.

1.jpg

2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious EternIYs, because you have exposure to both Gator & Bison. I'm told Gator's are quite comparable & decent value, considering Bisons price escalation (or maybe that's just in Canada). From your experience would you rate them similarly in terms of accuracy, fit & finish etc.? Any particular reason you went to Bison?

My 5C collet chuck is pretty good, but in hindsight I would spring for a few more shekels & buy a Gator (tech-tru?) or Bison (set-tru) style back plate. Hence the question.

The gator was s great chuck for the money, only particular reason I went to the bison set tru was the fact that got a great deal on it, Ive actually had my 6 1/4" bison for longer now and it runs great. I can dial in the outside chuck body to run true and when I clamp my workpiece its within a thou or so if not dead nuts. If you can get a deal on a nice steel body set tru from either I would highly recommend it! The quality difference of the set tru was noticeable over my standard gator though, that's for sure, but I did here there was reasonable quality jump in the set true gator as well. I think the gator has 4 90 degree adjust screw where as the bison has 4 at odd intervals... Something that the gator and any other adjustable has over the bison.

Latest posts

Back