2D/3D CAD Isometric View

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the workplanes toolbar there is "Workplane by Facet", it will put a workplane on any surface of your drawing. Just remember, when you are going to extrude from a 2D line, select it and in the Format toolbar, select "Place on workplane" to ensure it goes where it should. For some reason, turboCad will not always place your 2D item on the workplane. This can cause some problems down the road, and I have been there many times.
Bryan

Thanks Bryan, it was your encouragement and emails that helped get me to the point where I could do something with 3D. :bow: :bow:

Hi DickeyBird;

Not sure which TC version you are using but will try to help you. I have been using version 11 Deluxe for some time to do 2D in and have found that the user guide that came with it was not much help. I would be reading about how to do some than only to find out you could only do it in the pro. Version so I never got into 3D.

I now have Version 15 Deluxe and I’m just getting into 3D. The workplanes seems to be needed when you are working in 3D. You need to find the workplane toolbar. You need to have the workplane displayed and it helps to have the UC (User Coordinate) showing.

In the workplane toolbar you can change the location of the workplane.

In the version that I have I can set the workplane by World (World Coordinate System), by Entity, by 3 Points, by Z Axis, by UCS (User Coordinate Origin) and by Facet. When ever you draw something in 2D or 3D it is placed on the workplane that is showing, You can always move or copy it to a different workplane later.

As I said before I have just started work in 3D and have a lot to learn my self.
Hope that I have not confused you to much.

Richard

P.S. Have a look at your disk, you may have a User Guide on it in a PDF if so load it on you computer, you will find it useful.

Thanks Richard. I'm now using v9.2 Pro after having used various versions through the years only in 2D. When I got serious about 3D I found that everything I needed for 3D was missing from the "Deluxe" version. I have older, slow computers and found it necessary to track down an older, (cheap) but full-featured Pro version. Many, many more tools and features are crammed into the Pro version. It does more than I'll need for quite some time; perhaps forever, at my age. ;) Hopefully your v15 Deluxe has enough to do what you need.

I'm now at the stage where I can draw what I need but sometimes funny things happen for what seems like no logical reason. I also need to refine my own personal Normal.tct file and my Desktop toolbars so I work with consistent settings. Amazing how software works better & better the more you use it. Of course it's not the user, the software somehow gets better. ;) ;D

For years I used Ease CAD 2D from Evolution Computing, I could make it sing.
Then I up graded to Windows XP. Ease CAD and XP just did not like each other. That is when I when to TC 11.
Before going to TC 15 I down loaded a trial copy of FastCAD from Evolution Computing to have a look at it and I do not like the looks of it very much, FastCAD will do 2D and 3D.
I believe that TC 15 Deluxe should be ok for what I do. But if I have a chance to lay my hands on to one of the TC Pro.s real cheap I may just go for it.

Richard

Back