18 TPI threads go fast!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcgyver & John,
Thank you both. I had wondered if that might be what John meant, but wanted to make sure!
John, please don't stop using local expressions. I like learning new (to me) expressions and terms. I do remember reading this expression a while ago. "A fine fettle of fish".
Regards,
Fred
PS OT I used a milling adapter on the lathe for first time today. I am sure that I will always try to use a mill in the future. Like everything, there is a learning curve to using a tool that you aren't use to.

I, for one (and evidently not the only one), am very grateful that this topic turned in the direction it did. I'd hate to be called a "doo-doo" disturber for questioning someone's setup, but it was just that - a question. And we all know that the stupid questions are the ones unasked. It's essential to know the pros and cons of a certain setup. Whether the setup is safe or effective for one person versus another is their own business after having that knowledge.

I don't like to repeat myself, so please try to remember this about me: I don't attack. I examine and probe for facts. Then, and only then, am I equipped to make my own informed judgments.

I can only hope that at some point I will have something to contribute back in recognition for that which all of you "experienced ones" generously offer here.

-Sparky

Hi I was going to say that I think the phase is " A fine kettle of fish" :-\

Hey Bob....
Your photos seem to have disappeared. It's a little hard to see what you're doing when that happens.

Steve

Cedge said:
Hey Bob....
Your photos seem to have disappeared. It's a little hard to see what you're doing when that happens.

Steve

Was just over at Bob's web site. Looks like all pics are gone. (check time stamp on thread)

Bernd

Hi Westie,
OOPs, perhaps a senior moment. :-[
Thanks,
Fred

Latest posts

Back