You've been there and done that?....Naaaa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedge

Reaction score
I've had people sending me photos of their engines for years. I simply enjoy seeing what others have collected or have built. Most of the time, I get photos of fairly common engines that everyone has seen, but each owner is proud of their engines and I get to share their fun. Once in a blue moon, something unique will pop up, which always makes my day. I've seen some gorgeous one of a kind engines as well.

The photos shown below were sent to me several years ago by some long forgotten owner. I tried to buy this engine but it was not for sale.... and who can blame them. Apparently the owner's grandfather built this opposing twin cylinder, slide valve engine ,by hand, using both wood and metal. Typically any engine project presents challenges, but this guy was operating far beyond most of the challenges you and I encounter.

That's right.... the bottle is solid and has not been cut. The old guy managed to assemble everything through the top of the container. As I recall, the flywheels (2 of them) were pinned together using wooden pegs. The cylinder section (dual opposing) is all metal and YES.... the engine is fully operable. I wish I could find the original email to see if this guy has changed his mind yet.

Hey Bogster..... something for when you get the new gizmos in place and running..... eh?

Steve

old-bottle2.jpg

old4.jpg

I believe impressive is not enough.... Maybe amazing is closer?

Either way real talent went into that one :)

Ralph.

No Ralph,

Impressive is ok, amazing would be machining it out of the solid thru the hole in the top.

Steve,

Don't give me ideas, otherwise you might find a blitz build based around it. ;D ;D ;D

Bogs

I have enough trouble putting the parts together when they are on my bench or in my hand, let alone inside a bottle.

That is definitely something different and would give good bragging rights to the builder.

That is superb, the builder must have been a gynaecologist!

David

Twinsquirrel said:
That is superb, the builder must have been a gynaecologist!

David

WE HAVE WINNER!!!.....LOL

Steve

Latest posts

Back