wot price

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krv3000

Reaction score
HI have you ever wunderd wat hapens to all the models and tools that get made by sum one and they pas on ? and haw much are they worth

What's a hen weigh ?? That is a very open ended question with lots of variables. It depends on the people involved. If the family cares and it is a well made top end model and the maker is well known a fine specimen may go for tens of thousands of dollars. On the other end of the spectrum the items in question may be disposed of by some cleanup person and sold for scrap.
I was at a scrap yard one day there was a lady whose husband was just put into hospice care she was already cleaning out his shop of reloading supplies and selling what appeared to be unfired brass for scrap. Sad. The same yard has a collection of antiques and sculpture that people have brought in over the years and sold.
this has been discussed here in a thread IIRC called what are your engines worth.
I guess it comes down to what the heirs think they are worth. I have seen widows tell friends to just take what they want and know a guy that his neighbor willed the contents of his garage to him. A buddies widow gave me his little craftsman lathe when he passed.
it comes down to the value the family puts on it and what someone is willing to pay.
Tin

Latest posts

Back