Wobbler Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gowthamanbu

Reaction score
Can anyone explain me the uses, advantages and disadvantages of a Wobbler Engine? Where it is used?

wobblers are commonly used on steam toys . most are on stationary engines but I have seen them on stem boats and HO live steam locos.
there were a few full scale application for wobblers as well

They make a great starter engine to learn machining and model engine building .

the advantages of a wobbler is simple to build the valving is simple they have a built in safety valve .

The main disadvantage of the wobbler is it not efficient. the valve design does not allow for adjustments to maximize steam use.

could you please post an introduction in the welcome area. Tell us a bit about yourself , your shop and your interest in model engines.
Tin

@tin falcon

Hereby I attached a VALVE PLATE. Need dimensions please.

Untitled.jpg

I suggest you get this book and read it may be in your college library

K.N. Harris Model. Stationary and marine steam engines

Explains scaling and port layout for an oscillator.
My son took two sets of my oscillator plans and designed and built his own.He was 14 at the time.
You are an engineering student so you should be able to do the research and figure this out . I will help but you need to do your own work.

BTW you are not giving me enough info in the drawing. I do not know what you are asking.

Tin

Latest posts

Back