where to get small mechanical components?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCRIPPPer

Reaction score
where are some good online sources of miniature things like gears or pulleys/belts (stuff that is difficult to machine your self)? mcmaster carr seems to have mostly larger industrial components. i dont really need anything in particular, but want to see whats out there for future projects and ideas. where is a good place to get gear stock (i think thats what its called. basically a rod with gear teeth that you machine into a finished gear).

You need to find the manufactures, they find a distributor. Boston Gear is like #1 for stardard gears, website gives more info than you could use. One of their distributors is , Amazon, they stock only a few pieces, but its only a couple days extra to get any gear Boston stocks.

The gear shafting you mention is only for pinion gears, so the tooth counts are from 8 to 14 or so, Bigger gears are available in all sorts of configuration, hub, no hub, key way, set screw materials ...

Small Parts an online supplier, has all sorts of Stuff. I like MSC much more than McM, Grainger as well, but they are a bit tough to set up an account with. They only want business buyers, So make up a business name and they will deal with you.

Latest posts

Back