Where to buy small qty. of 600 lapping compond?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Where can I purchase small quantities of lapping compound with an oil base. I need 350, 400, and 600 grit. A few years ago someone on the forum was kind enough to send me some, but its pretty well gone now and its time for me to buy some. I'm in Ontario, Canada, so a source here would be good, but if there is an American outfit that sells online, that could work too.--Thank You---Brian.

Not sure of the grit but as others have said any auto parts sore should have a small tube of lapping compound.

Tin

When I first started playing around with model engines, I went to the autoparts store and bought a container of valve grinding compound. My God---The stuff had boulders in it!!!

they used to have these neat little cans maybe an ounce or two now it looks like your basic industrial size

The fellow at www.ezbore.net has 400 and 600 grit in a grease base and sells it in 2 ounce quantities, and does ship to Canada. I spoke to him today on the phone, and he sounds like an okay guy.

Latest posts

Back