Where to buy a new Borring head.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdew

Reaction score
I need a borring head and ebay dosn't seem to have the bargins. where would you get one?
I am looking at Harbor Freight on the next 20% off sale. $40 list.

Are they any good?

Frank

I can tell you where I did get one, quite a few years ago: I got the 2" dia. "quality import" from Travers Tool. As I recall, it was about $80 and, compared to the equivalent Criterion, a bargain.
I've been very satisfied with it.

I have no idea if the HF one is at all comparable.

A couple years ago I bought a 2 inch boring head from Harbor Freight and I have been very pleased with it. I attached it to my Kwik-way boring machine to bore small air cooled engine cylnders. The one that I have is not available any more due to its size( 5/16 bit size)but it is almost identical to the 33562 head that is now on sale for 39.99 usd without bits. It has a R8 shank and uses 1/2 bits. --richard

Thanks all. I just won a Ebay auction for a used Criterion for $44.10 so I am set for now.

Frank

Enco
2" boring bar sets on sale for $75 head shank and boring bar set. R-8 or 3/4 straight shank available. Enco has free shipping deals.
Or CDCO http://www.cdcotools.com/look under cutting tools then boring bars boring heads. These are ala cart .
Tin

Latest posts

Back